Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses celebrates graduation of more than 60 Southeast Michigan small business owners
Renee Walker selected by Cohort Six classmates as graduation speaker
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, Detroit, today announced the graduation of more than 60 small business owners on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at the Oakland Community College, Royal Oak, MI campus. The graduation ceremony celebrates the small business owners who have completed a rigorous education, coaching and business support module and are ready to deepen their contributions to Southeast Michigan’s economy.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative aims to help create jobs and economic growth by providing small business owners in the area with practical business education, business support services and access to capital.
The graduation speakers are as follows.
- Jack Aronson, founder, Garden Fresh Gourmet and Clean Planet Foods
- Brooks Patterson, Oakland County Executive
- Chancellor Timothy Meyer, Oakland Community College
- President James Jacobs, Macomb Community College
- James Michelson Jr., President, SMZ Advertising (10,000 Small Businesses graduate)
- Renée T. Walker, President, RENEE WALKER & ASSOCIATES (10,000 Small Businesses graduate)
# # #